10/03/2019 The Hawthorne Fire Department was dispatched to Glen Rock for mutual aid. During the incident a Glen Rock firefighter escaped serious injury when he fell through the kitchen floor into the basement at a Wednesday night fire.
The fire on Greenway Road started on the kitchen floor about 10:45 p.m. and was put out in short order, Fire Chief Mike Aguilar said. There was a hole in the floor, though, and the firefighter fell all the way through, Aguilar said. Fortunately there was no fire in the basement and the responder was OK, the chief said.
The fire remains under investigation, and no one else was injured. The fire was contained to the kitchen, and the rest of the house had minimal smoke or water damage, Aguilar said.
Ridgewood, Hawthorne, Fair Lawn, Midland Park, Paramus and PSE&G were among the crews to respond.